The rosy, flushed cheek look can be easily achieved with a vibrant, cream blush and an illuminating, sheer foundation. Choose a blush shade that best complements your skin tone. For fairer complexions, go for soft pinks and corals and for medium to deep complexions try vibrant, warm pink, red, orange and bronze.
Get the Flushed Look
- Apply the cream blush with a fluffy, soft haired blush brush or powder brush. Avoid blushes with shimmer to keep the look natural. Lightly feather the blush on to the apples of the cheeks blending up towards the temple to create diffused color.
- Next, using a flat, synthetic foundation brush, apply a very small amount of sheer foundation over top of the blush
- Blend the foundation out with your blush brush so it sheers out. This mutes the blush and adds a slight highlight to the cheek and upper cheekbone.
- Cream Blush in guava
- Blush Brush or Powder Brush
- Liquid Foundation Brush
- Luxe Liquid Foundation or Sheer Tint Base
Cream blush is very pigmented and melts into the skin creating that rosy flush. The trick is to pick a vibrant blush but apply with a light hand. Layering sheer foundation over top softens the look to make the flushed glow look natural.