It’s easy to grab a red lip and call yourself Valentine’s Day ready, but this year, we wanted to amp up our usual date night routine for something a little more dramatic- without adding any extra time. Enter the dark red lip. It’s not your usual bright, blue-red hue, but a rich, cool red that adds depth and dimension to any look. Pair it with a vibrant plum-berry liner and you’ve just transformed your look into something unexpected- we know your valentines will love!
To create this unique look, our Senior Global Makeup Artist/ Educator, Janeena, prepped her skin with Hydrating Gel Cleanser and Phyto-Active Toning Mist. Next, she applied Daily Power C for environmental protection and Daily Hydration+ for an added boost of hydration.
To ensure a flawless application of her base and leave her skin looking dewy and natural, she used Moisturizing Tint SPF 30+ as her moisturizer/primer. This is one of our favorite multi-tasking products because it can be worn alone, as a primer, or mixed with a liquid foundation for custom color and formula.
- Apply Moisturizing Tint SPF 30+ using clean fingertips.
- Using the Flat-Top Kabuki Brush 105, apply Luminous Liquid Foundation SPF 18.
- Reduce any unwanted redness and brighten your complexion with Liquid Bright Concealer in shade Brighten using clean fingertips.
- Set the look and make it last with Luminous Setting Powder using the soft, round end of the Contour/Highlighter Brush 107.
- For a bronzed look, sweep Contour Kit shades 1 and 2 using the soft, round end of the Contour/Highlighter Brush 107 along hairline, cheekbones and jawline.
- Use a soft, detailed eye brush like the Crease Shader 305 to blend the same contour shades in crease of eyes and down bridge of nose and along lower lash line.
- Brighten center of nose and under eyes with the Matte Highlight shade using the tapered end of the Contour/Highlighter Brush 107.
- Add subtle shimmer to all high-points of the face with the Shimmer Highlight.
- Create a slight cat eye with Liquid Ink. Apply a small amount to center of upper lash line and gradually work line towards the outer corner of eyes, raising the line up towards temples, creating a slight flick.
- To deepen and perfect outer wing, work line from the outer corner in, towards the center of lash line, using small strokes until desired thickness is achieved.
- PRO TIP: PRO TIP: Soak a pointed cotton swab with Gentle Makeup Remover to define and clean up edges of outer wing. Practice makes perfect!
- Apply Suede Matte Crayon in shade Crimson to the center of upper and lower lip and blend out with the Detail Shader Brush 306.
- Line and fill lips with Precision Lip Pencil in shade Pronto, lighty fusing the two lip shades together.
As you can see, it’s possible to create a memorable Valentine’s day look with the same amount of effort as your daily routine. Are you ready to try this look out for yourself? Be sure to use #discoveryourglo on Instagram so we can see how you make this look your own!