What is Sensitized Skin?
Skin sensitivity can occur for a variety of different reasons at any point in life due to a compromised epidermal barrier. When the skin’s most superficial layer is compromised, symptoms such as redness, irritation and stinging may occur. Strong chemical peels, over-exfoliation, sun exposure and product sensitivity may contribute to increasing skin’s reactivity levels, but rest assured, Glo Skin Beauty provides an entire subcategory of products directed at this common skin concern.
Though seemingly similar, sensitive skin symptoms should not be confused with those of Rosacea. Unlike skin sensitivity which can be calmed and cured, Rosacea is an incurable condition with persistent flushing, inflammation and redness of the nose and cheeks. Although there is no cure, there are medications and products which can help manage the symptoms. If you or your client is concerned about this condition, a medical consultation is advised.
How to Calm Skin
Help calm irritable skin with products that gently hydrate, condition and soothe redness while reinforcing and protecting the skin’s natural barrier. Our Calm Skin Solutions products include ingredients to offer soothing relief while avoiding added fragrance and dyes, which can irritate sensitive skin.
Removes makeup, oil and debris while respecting the skin’s natural moisture balance. This light cream cleanser is gently cleanses even the most sensitive skin for a refreshed complexion without irritation.
- Oat Beta Glucan: promotes healing
- Desert Date Fruit Extract: effectively cleanses the skin
- Sea Buckthorn: prevents dehydration
Calms and hydrates even the most sensitive skin by providing an instant cooling relief with a unique blend of soothing essential oils. Prepares skin for serum and moisturizer application and can be used on top of makeup.
- Rose Flower Water: protects and and preserves skin
- Gotu Kola Extract: anti-inflammatory
- Neroli Flower Oil: strengthens capillaries
Calms sensitive skin, diminishes hyperpigmentation and shields against future oxidative damage
- Peony and Goldenrod Extracts: targets hyperpigmentation
- Hyaluronic Acid: improves hydration
- Aloe Vera: repairs damage to epidermal cells
- Sunflower Seed Oil: helps improve redness
Achieve softer skin and a restored radiance by replenishing critical moisture with a powerful blend of skin strengthening antioxidant support, conditioning oils and botanical extracts.
- Hesperidin: strengthens capillaries, helps reduce redness
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: reduces inflammation, helps repair skin
- Squalane: helps skin retain critical moisture
Shields against sun damage and prevents photoaging with a lightweight blend of natural mineral sunscreens.
- Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide: physical sunscreens
- Vitamins C and E: antioxidants that protect from oxidative stress
- Hyaluronic Acid: prevents transepidermal water loss
Helps support the skin’s natural moisture barrier function to restore calm, increase strength and enhance radiance.
- Oat Beta Glucan: promotes healing and calm irritation
- Sea Fennel: conditions and reinforces the skin’s barrier
- Rose Flower Oil: helps heal wounds
Soothes, hydrates and tones while reducing the appearance of puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Cucumber: relieves puffiness, irritation and dehydration
- Copper PCA: hydrates and heals
- Indian Senna: stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis
Relieves skin irritation with ingredients designed to calm, soothe and heal the skin while reducing the appearance of redness. Not intended for longterm use.
- 1% Hydrocortisone: anti-inflammatory
- Rose Hip Seed Oil: preserves skin elasticity
- Bisabolol: heals and reduces sensitivity in the skin
Whether you’re sensitive everyday or just after a treatment, Glo Skin Beauty’s mineral makeup products can help calm the skin. Plus, they can help mask and conceal any redness. Choose concealers with yellow undertones such as Liquid Bright Concealer in the shade Brighten or Redness Relief Powder.
Do you have sensitive skin? Which products do you find help hydrate, condition and soothe? Let us know in the comments below!