Many experts believe there is a genetic link to acne, although anyone can experience congestion and breakouts. Decrease oil production and purify the skin by eliminating bacteria, reducing inflammation and healing breakouts. Whether your acne is genetically rooted or externally triggered, our experts have your skin clearing arsenal ready.
- Acne is the most common skin condition in the US, and according to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), it affects as many as 50 million annually.
- Acne can happen at all ages. While acne is often thought of as an adolescent skin condition, acne can occur at all stages of life, usually on the face, chest or back.
- Over exfoliation can exacerbate acne. Exfoliation happens in two forms: chemical and physical. Chemical exfoliators, like enzymes, penetrate the skin to help the skin slough, while physical exfoliators scrub the surface of the skin. The removal of dead cells can help unclog the skin, but over exfoliating may also irritate it.
- Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid are powerful acne-fighting ingredients. Benzoyl Peroxide, which kills acne-causing bacteria, is one of the most commonly used ingredients in acne care products, but it can be overly drying if it’s used too frequently. Salicylic Acid is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) that stimulates exfoliation in the skin, clearing pores and promoting new cell growth. It reduces inflammation and smooths skin’s surface.
- Adult acne affects more women than men. Sorry, ladies! According to a study in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, more adult women will experience acne than men (The Prevalence of Acne in Adults 20 Years and Older). According to the AAD, acne can be caused by genetics, hormones, stress, medication, menstruation as well as food.
- Breakouts take a few days to a few weeks to surface. Breakouts may be in the works underneath the skin’s surface, waiting to make an appearance. When you start a regimen to battle acne, results take time.
Clear Skin Solutions
- Clear Skin Cleanser – This cleanser treats and prevents breakouts with Salicylic Acid while leaving the skin thoroughly cleansed and smoothed with gentle scrubbing beads.
- Clear Complexion Pads – These medicated pads dissolve excess oil and target bacteria for clearer skin. Throw these convenient wipes into your gym bag to stay clear on-the-go.
- Renew Serum – This must-have serum is a true multi-tasker. It stimulates mild exfoliation and cell renewal to smooth skin and improve texture and tone with Retinol, Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid. Apply directly to your acne or all over.
- Clear Skin Spot Treatment – This is one powerful Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment! Clear Anti-Blemish Treatment should be used at the first sign of a breakout. Apply directly to the inflamed lesion and discontinue once the breakout has cleared.
- Healing Gel – Have you ever had a dark spot or red mark that just won’t go away after a breakout? This post-breakout fix smooths and heals skin while helping erase the shadow mark left behind from a blemish.
- Clear Skin Body Spray – This spray treats body blemishes and congestion by helping prevent the growth of acne-causing bacteria and reduce inflammation. The 360 degree spray nozzle lets you use the bottle upside down, so you can get all of those hard to reach areas.
Sometimes, congested skin needs an at-home acne-fighting skincare routine along with some professional help. Professional estheticians often have access to high power exfoliants that will deliver incredible results. To find a local Glo Skin Beauty esthetician please call 1-800-232-0398.