What others have to say:
“The cleanser is a life-saver. It is the only product that keeps my acne-prone skin consistently clear!” Nicole, online review
The skin around your eyes is some of the most delicate skin on your entire body so it’s no wonder there are hundreds of beauty products on the market dedicated to this area. If you are looking for a great product to reduce under eye wrinkles and puffiness we happily recommend Eye Restore. At only $25 this affordable and effective product is a favorite at the gloProfessional office and a consistent best seller.
In addition to helping restore skin’s texture and reduce fine lines, it’s also a great product for preventing wrinkles. Eye Restore works best when a small amount is applied to clean skin around the eye in the morning and evening. The lightweight formula also makes this a great product to wear under makeup.
“This has got to be one of my all time favorite face products! I use it in the morning because of its light consistency before I apply my makeup and it keeps my eyes fresh, de-puffed and the wrinkles at a minimum. You just can’t go wrong with this product.” – Helen Marie, Online Review
Do you have a review for glo therapeutics Eye Restore? Leave it in the comments below or write a review on our website!
There’s something magical about Audrey Hepburn in her iconic role as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Her elegant yet girlish charm comes to life through her eclectic fashion and beauty choices. Recreating her famous look is surprisingly simple with some basics from your closet and your favorite glo minerals makeup products.
- Apply Pressed Base to achieve full coverage.
- Draw a thick line with the Precision Eye Pencil in Brown on your upper lash line.
- Place Eye Shadow in Kona on top of liner and blend to right below your crease.
- Using the Detail Blender Brush, blend Eye Shadow in Twig into your crease.
- Highlight your brow bone with Eye Shadow in Diamond.
- Make a thick line on your upper lash line using Liquid Ink eyeliner and slightly wing it out. Leave lower lash line clean.
- Load your lashes with Volumizing Mascara.
- Fill in brows with the Precision Brow Pencil making them at least two times thicker than normal.
- Place Contour Kit Shimmer Highlight on cheekbones.
- Add a pop of Blush in Sweet on apples.
- Apply Lipstick in rose petal.
Costume and Accessories
Classic Black Dress
Long Black Gloves
Oversized Diamond Earrings
“Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?” Ever since Disney recreated the classic Grimm Brother’s fairy tale for the big screen in 1937 we’ve been enchanted by the magic mirror, seven dwarves and Snow White. The recent adaptation starring Charlize Theron as the stunning but wicked queen is our inspiration for this hauntingly beautiful Halloween look.
Evil Queen Makeup:
- Apply a matte foundation such as Pressed Base or Satin Cream Foundation.
- Line upper lashline with Precise Micro Eyeliner.
- Smudge Eye Shadow in Marina into liner and pull into a thin line on crease.
- Blend Eye Shadow in Chrome onto lids and lightly into crease.
- Tap Eye Shadow in Goddess onto lid.
- Place Eye Shadow in Cosmos onto inner corners then blend up and out to crease and brow bone (stop at the base of your brow).
- Blend Eye Shadow in Horizon into your brow bone.
- Smudge Eye Shadow in Mystic onto lower lash line and blend with Chrome.
- Line waterline with Precise Micro Eyeliner in black (a tight line)
- Fill in brows with Precision Brow Pencil and make a dramatic arch.
- Load outer cheeks with Blush in Melody but leave the apples clean.
- Tap Blush in Melody onto your lips with your finger and top with Gloss in On the Rocks.
Hi Kate! I am new to the world of mineral makeup. What are your top tips and techniques for mineral makeup application?
Kate: Great question! Here are my top four tips for applying mineral makeup:
1. Make sure your skin is super hydrated. Minerals love hydration. If your skin is dry after you apply your mineral makeup, take some B5 Hydration and rub it on your hands and pat it into your skin for a plump healthy glo! Also, try setting your makeup with a quick spray of Hydration Mist.
2. Choose the right color. Have a professional color match you, don’t do it yourself. One benefit to mineral makeup is that the pigment is very fine and extremely accurate in color. The right color foundation will make all the difference! If you need to find a glo mineral’s professional near you email email@example.com.
3. Blend Last. When applying mineral eye shadow, make sure you tap away excess product from your brush. Next, pat the product onto your lid and then follow with blending. The idea is to press and place the mineral pigment onto the skin, then blend it out… much like a painter places color first on the canvas, then chooses to blend.
4. Less is more. When using mineral makeup, you have to lighten your touch and amount of product you use. You don’t need nearly as much as you do with a conventional line! Once you apply your foundation, wait five minutes before deciding whether or not to add another layer!
|Mineral Makeup Application Tips|
What is Melasma?
Melasma is a skin condition characterized by dark patches of skin on the forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and upper lip. Usually irregular in shape, these dark patches develop gradually over time. Aside from this cosmetic discoloration, Melasma is not characterized by any other symptoms and does not cause pain.
What causes Melasma?
Melasma develops from a combination of factors. The most prominent factors include heavy exposure to sunlight and an increase in the female hormones estrogen and progesterone. Women who are pregnant, taking birth control pills or hormone therapy are at a higher risk for developing Melasma. Studies also show that high amounts of sun exposure triggers hormones to produce more melanin pigments which cause skin to appear darker in certain areas.
What are the symptoms of Melasma?
The symptoms of Melasma include the darkening of skin in irregular patches on the forehead, cheeks,nose, chin and upper lip. Often call “sunspots” these patches can darken and increase in size over time.
How can I treat Melasma?
Since Melasma typically worsens after sun exposure it’s very important to avoid prolonged sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily. Taking the necessary precautions early is crucial for your skin’s overall appearance and health.
Professional treatments to reduce the appearance of dark spots caused by Melasma include chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and professional laser treatments. For at home treatments we suggest glo therapeutics Brightening Polish, Lightening Serum, Brightening Serum and Triple Action Serum. All of the products contain brighteners and lighteners that help reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
Can makeup help cover Melasma?
Yes, makeup can help cover Melasma. We recommend starting with the Corrective Camouflage Kit to cover dark areas with the yellow shade followed by Camouflage Oil Free. For full coverage, apply Pressed Base using the Ultra Brush. Mineral makeup will help cover the symptoms of Melasma while providing your skin with beneficial antioxidants and vitamins.
Take a look at these before and after pictures for an example of how glo minerals makeup can cover Melasma.
F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel, The Great Gatsby, captivated readers with its complicated love triangle and opulent setting when it was published in 1925. Next, the Roaring Twenties came alive for audiences when the book was put to life by Mia Farrow and Robert Redford in the first movie adaptation in 1974. Now we are anxiously awaiting the newest version of the film to come out this year with Leonardo Dicaprio and Carey Mulligan!
You don’t have to wait for the premier to get your fix of 1920’s glamour. Take a note from the heroine, Daisy Buchanan, and dress as a modern flapper for this year’s Halloween festivities. It’s easier than you think with these fun makeup and style suggestions!
- Apply Loose Base for a dewy, 1920’s glow
- Place Eye Shadow in Horizon on lid from the lash line to brow line.
- Using the Precision Brow Pencil in Taupe, draw a line starting from the inner corner of the crease and pull it to the outer corner.
- Using the Petite Smudge Brush, lightly blend Eye Shadow in twig into the taupe line while keeping the crease line thin.
- With the Petite Smudge Brush and Eye Shadow in Twig, create a thin line on the lower lashline.
- Draw a medium-thick line on the upper lashline with Precise Micro Eyeliner in black.
- Only load upper lashes with Water Resistant Mascara and keep the lower lashes clean.
- Blend Eye Shadow in Horizon on lid from lash line to crease.
- Draw a thin line through brows with a Precision Brow Pencil.
- Apply Blush in Soleil on cheekbones.
- Apply Blush in Sweet on apples of cheeks.
- Fill lips in completely with the Precision Lip Pencil in Vino.
Costume and Accessories
Beaded Flapper Dress
Feather Head Piece
Black Dancing Shoes
Long Pearl Necklace
Pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin pies, pumpkin carving… Fall is officially the season of all things pumpkin! Not only is this autumn favorite a delicious and nutritious addition to soups and pies, but it is great for your skin. The antioxidants found in pumpkin help increase skin’s moisture absorption and elasticity which is why glo therapeutics’ beloved Pumpkin Enzyme Scrub is a perfect addition to any skincare routine.
Pumpkin Enzyme is a gentle exfoliant that removes dead skin cell buildup while stimulating cell regeneration. Packed with small granules and enzymes, this exfoliant doesn’t stress or irritate the skin. Pumpkin is an exceptionally powerful exfoliant because it’s naturally rich in antioxidant bioflavonoids and Vitamin A which assist in breaking down dead and irregular cellular buildup. Plus, the scent is absolutely intoxicating! “This is hands down the best exfoliator I’ve used. It works magic without harming your skin.The smell is also wonderful, just like a pumpkin pie!” – Sara, online review
So fall in love with our Pumpkin Enzyme Scrub and take a look at our “Pumpkin Love” board on Pinterest for more gorgeous photos and yummy recipes!
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition affecting approximately 17 million Americans. Acne is characterized by multiple whiteheads, blackheads, papules and pustules on the face, chest and back. It develops when grease from the skin’s glands plug the tiny hair follicle openings which leads to clogged pores. When bacteria grows in these clogged pores it leads to different types of inflammation resulting in acne.
What causes acne?
There’s been lots of speculation over the years about what causes acne. It has been linked to chocolate, exercise, cheese… but scientist are now saying that genetics and hormones are the only two proven culprits.
When hormones change due to adolescence or pregnancy there is a rise in androgen levels. Androgen is a hormone that can cause oil glands under your skin to increase in size which in turn stimulates increased oil and sebum production. Sebum is an oily or waxy matter that is necessary for keeping skin hydrated and helps give the skin a waterproof like quality. However, too much sebum or oil can break down cell walls and encourage bacteria to grow leading to inflamed and clogged pores. Studies also show that high levels of oil that lead to acne can be genetic.
What are the symptoms of acne?
Acne is characterized by redness, uneven skin tone and blemishes. There are several different forms of acne that can sometimes become very painful or inflamed. Whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules and cysts are all different types of acne that generally manifest as red, white or black bumps on the skin.
How can I treat acne?
The best way to treat acne is to reduce bacteria build up and oil formation under the skin. Spas and dermatologists can offer very effective professional treatments to reduce the symptoms of acne including peels and masks . For at home treatment we suggest using oil-free products containing Totarol, Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide. These acne fighters are proven to reduce flare ups and redness. Below are the following products recommended for acne prone or congested skin:
- Clear Skin Set (contains Clear Skin Cleanser, Clear Skin Treatment, Refining Mask, Clear Complexion Pads)
- Healing Gel
- Oil Control Emulsion
Can makeup help cover acne?
Yes, the proper makeup can help cover acne without aggravating skin and causing more breakouts. We suggest using the Corrective Camouflage Kit, Oil-Free Camouflage and Pressed Base to achieve results similar to the ones below. For more tips on how to camouflage acne using makeup read Kate McCarthy’s tips here: Q&A with Kate: Acne Help
October is here which means fall is officially in full swing! It also means that it’s time to start thinking about Halloween! For those who love experimenting with cosmetics and dramatic makeup, Halloween is always the perfect time to try a new look and experiment! In the weeks leading up to October 31st we will be featuring some of our favorite Halloween costumes for women that are fun and simple to create. Our first Halloween inspiration is the beloved Mary Poppins! Here’s how to get the look!
- Apply Loose Base; perfect for achieving that Mary Poppins glow!
- Apply Eye Shadow in Diamond all over lid.
- Apply Eye Shadow in Mahogany to crease.
- Apply Eye Shadow in Haze from lashline to crease.
- Line upper lash line with Precise Micro Eyeliner in black; keep it thin and tight to the lash line.
- Smudge Eye Shadow in Twig onto lower lash line.
- Load top and bottom lashes with Water Resistant Mascara.
- Apply Contour Kit Shimmer Highlight all over cheeks.
- Apply Cream Glaze Crayon in Mimosa.
Costume and Accessories
High Neck White Blouse
Full Black Skirt
High Black Boots
Magical Carpet Bag
Q: Hi Kate! What is the best way utilize concealers and makeup without accentuating the crepe skin underneath your eyes?
-Roena via Facebook
Kate: Thanks, Roena! I get this question a lot! One of the best things about mineral makeup is that a little can go a long way. That being said, I often notice that if you use too much of a product it actually can have an adverse effect! So the number one thing to remember when using mineral makeup is that less is more. Next time you apply your makeup, pay attention to how heavy your touch is and how much product you’re getting on your brushes. Chances are you are using too much!
I love using the Dual Fiber Eye Brush and Hydration Mist when I apply my Under Eye Concealer because my eyes always tend to be dry. After applying my foundation (remember that less is more! Use a pea size amount for liquids, about 3-4 swirls for pressed base, one dip for loose base), I mist my Dual Fiber Eye Brush with Hydration Mist to add a bit more hydration. Then I give a quick dip into my Under Eye Concealer and apply using feathered strokes. Again, a little bit goes a long way. Your brush should not be saturated with product; it should have just a smidge of product on the tip. Follow with a spritz of Hydration Mist because minerals love hydration, so the more hydrated your skin the better.
Another quick tip: Be sure you are using Under Eye Concealer (not Oil Free Camouflage). Under Eye Concealer It is specially formulated for the delicate under eye area.
If you are looking for a product to transform the appearance of your skin, glo therapeutics Ultra 15% Vitamin C is it! Ultra 15% Vitamin C’s boasts a cutting-edge blend of peptides and antioxidants that repair and strengthen skin cells. Check out the clinical study results from one of Ultra 15% Vitamin C’s key ingredients, Inyline, below. In only 28 days, participants in a clinical study found a 14.9% decrease in wrinkle depth. Apply Ultra 15% Vitamin C in the morning on dry, clean skin to visibly transform your skin’s clarity while protecting your skin against free radical damage.
What others have to say:
“Every morning I use the Vitamin C, then B5, followed by my moisturizer. It has really changed my skin for the better. It’s more youthful looking.” – Jennifer, Online Review
“Changed my life!” – Jennifer, Pinterest