Primer makes a big difference in the look and wear of your mineral makeup. If you’re dealing with smudging, creasing or disappearing foundation throughout the day, add face primer to your morning product lineup and you will notice the benefits instantly.
What is Makeup Primer?
Face primer prolongs the wear of your mineral makeup and improves the appearance of foundation on your skin. Who doesn’t want that? Think of your skin and makeup like canvas and paint. You can apply paint directly to your canvas, but priming it first increases the longevity of your work and makes the surface easier to work on, so you won’t have to use as much paint. The same principles apply with face primer. It’s worth the investment and the extra step in your morning routine!
Glo Skin Beauty offers primers for mineral makeup in several different formats:
- Face Primer to prep your skin for foundation and concealer
- Tinted Primer SPF 30 for evening complexion and sun protection
- Mattifying Primer to help control excess oil production
- Illuminating Primer for subtle illumination
- Fill Perfecting Primer for filling in fine lines and wrinkles
- Shadow Primer for prepping your eye shadow
Why You Need Face Primer for Mineral Makeup
Primer fills in fine lines and blurs imperfections, and with a smooth, even surface, your products will apply more easily. Since you will need to use less makeup to get the same coverage, you will save extra cash in the long run. Plus, primers creates superior surface adhesion, so your makeup stays in place and lasts longer, especially in extreme weather temperatures and conditions. Hot and humid in the summer or cold and dry in the winter, primer is going to be your new BFF.
How to Apply Makeup Primer
- First, apply your daily moisturizer and allow it to absorb into your skin, so you’re working with a hydrated surface.
- Then, put a pea-size amount of your face primer on a dome-shaped foundation brush and apply a light layer all over the face starting with the t-zone (nose, forehead and chin). The dome-shaped brush gives the same pressure as a touch of the fingers.
- If you use a transparent formula, follow with your foundation application. If you use a tinted primer, wear it alone as an alternative to foundation or layer with a base for extra coverage. Enjoy the all-day wear!