When building a skincare regimen, it is essential to first determine your skin type if you want to see the best results from your products. Similarly, buying products that also address your unique skin concerns can drastically improve how you feel about your products. If you have oily, acneic skin, you’re likely going to hate a rich face moisturizer because it will exacerbate your concerns instead of alleviating them. Without knowing your skin type and skin concerns, it is almost impossible to choose the right products. Especially because there are some products that sound appealing even when they’re not meant for your skin type. If you fall for the benefits without considering your skin type you will be upset when the product doesn’t perform how you want.
A major contributor to healthy, balanced skin is hydration. Whether your skin is oily, dry, combination, sensitive or even normal (but really, what is normal anyways), you need a moisturizer. Choosing the right moisturizer for your skin will ensure you stay hydrated and protected (especially from the elements). And just so you know, dry, dehydrated skin shows signs of aging sooner, so get to moisturizing!
Glo was founded on the idea that skincare is personal and that everyone has different needs for their individual skin type and skin concerns, so we offer eleven (!) different moisturizer PLUS two different hydrators (for best results, we recommend using both). We promise, there really is something for everyone. Let’s take a look at our top picks!
Oily, Acneic or Oily/Sensitive
This includes anyone with a combination of excess oil, acne and sensitivity issues. Even with oily skin, it’s still important to include a moisturizer in your routine, as oily skin can also lack hydration. Our top picks for oily skin feature featherlight formulas that are instantly absorbed by the skin.
- Oil Control Emulsion: Our lightest formula, this emulsion works to actively reduce shine, which can help reduce breakouts. Because it is more of a liquid formula, make sure to wait a few minutes before applying any additional products to avoid pilling (when your product balls up on your skin).
- Oil Free Moisturizer: Part of our Oily Skin Regimen and one of our top sellers that never disappoints. Choose Oil Free Moisturizer over Oil Control Emulsion if acne/excess shine is less of an issue.
- Balancing Moisture Remedy: Out of our two Calm Skin moisturizers, Balancing Moisture Remedy is more suited for oily and combination skin types as it is a lighter formula.
- Daily Hydration: Our original Hyaluronic Acid serum, perfect for all skin types but especially for oily and sensitive. Apply after cleansing and toning but before moisturizing.
If some parts of your face feel oily, while the other parts are dry, you probably have combination skin. Luckily, combination skin usually isn’t oily enough for excessive breakouts, or dry enough for an intense cream. Look for products that adequately hydrate and moisturize, without leaving you feeling greasy.
- Phyto Active Light Moisture: An office favorite, Phyto-Active Light Moisture offers many of the same anti-aging benefits as some of our heavier creams but in a lightweight formula that is great for most skin types.
- Conditioning Hydration Cream: Part of our Combination Skin Regimen, Conditioning Hydration Cream contains an antioxidant-rich formula that moisturizes and strengthens the skin.
- Daily Hydration or Daily Hydration+: Either of our two hydrators would work for combination skin. If you lean more towards the sensitive or oily side, stick with Daily Hydration. If you’re more dry or wanting more anti-aging benefits, try Daily Hydration+.
Dry or Dry/Sensitive
If you have dry skin, you know it and nine times out of ten, you’re also dehydrated. Those with dry skin experience tight, itchy and even chapped skin that can appear flakey or dull. With less natural oil, it is imperative to use a heavier formula that actively replenishes the lack of hydration.
- Restorative Cream: The choice moisturizer in our Dry Skin Regimen, Restorative Cream helps repair dry, dehydrated skin.
- Vita E Essential Cream: The dry/sensitive counterpart in our Calm Skin line, Vita E delivers critical moisture to dry, sensitive skin, while also soothing redness and irritation.
- Daily Hydration+: The ultimate hydrator for dry, dehydrated skin, this lightweight formula provides intense hydration and prevents transepidermal water loss.
As you know, dry skin can lead to signs of aging appearing earlier. If you have dry skin and see signs of aging, whether they’re faint fine lines or deep wrinkles, adding in an aging cream to your routine can help reverse the visible signs. These creams, and yes, we mean creams, aren’t for the faint of heart. They’re the ultimate answer to extra dry skin that is concerned with aging.
- Skin Firming Cream: Helps improve density, texture and tone by locking in critical hydration for an ageless complexion.
- Phyto-Active Face Cream: Our heaviest option that targets signs of aging with plant stem cell technology. This ultra-rich formula includes age-defying actives that deliver firming and repairative benefits.
- Daily Hydration+: Not only does this provide ultimate hydration, Daily Hydration+ also rejuvenates the skin and helps to instantly fill in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Glycolic Resurfacing Cream: Part of our Glycolic Trio, this cream contains 10% Glycolic Acid to help retexturize the skin.
- Hydra Radiance Moisturizer:A lightweight moisturizer that provides hydration in addition to instant illumination. Natural brighteners also work to gradually brighten hyperpigmentation with continued use.