Whether you’re getting ready for a first date, work event or bachelorette weekend, you can’t go wrong with a statement lip. The easy (and always stunning) choice is usually red but what about all of the other lipstick shades you own? From pink to wine to berry, there are countless options to help you create a beautiful and sophisticated statement at your next outing.
Our go-to is a bright, berry lip- and the best part about this look is how easy it is to achieve. Praised for its soft, blurred effect, you’re welcome to be a little careless with your application. Think lots of blending and not a lot of precision, not normally what you’d want for a statement lip but with the right tools and instructions, it’s easier than you think!
- Prime lips with Smoothing Lip Polish. This gentle sugar scrub helps remove dead skin cells for a flawless lipstick application. Be sure to remove excess product with a tissue when done.
- Hydrate and nourish lips with Barrier Balm. This balm quenches even the driest lips and helps lock in moisture long after the ball has dropped. Pro Tip: a little goes a long way!
- Line and fill with Precision Lip Pencil in shade Pronto. This is when you can really let loose. Your line doesn’t need to be too exact, just make sure it’s not too far over your natural lip line. Blend product with finger so it covers your entire lips.
- Top with Suede Matte Lip Crayon in shade Rumor on center of lips. This punchy berry is a nice departure from your typical bold red and the nourishing, matte formula ensures your look will be smudge free even if you wind up with a new year’s kiss.
- Blend with Full Coverage Camouflage Brush. Fuse the two shades together for a perfectly undone look that says “I put thought into this look but can’t be bothered with a 60 minute tutorial.” Prepare yourself for tons of compliments on your undone yet polished look and feel free not to indulge them that it only took you 5 minutes.