Easing the signs of aging is not a new concept. Take a look back thousands of years and you’ll see similarities in the focus on youthful, radiant looking skin. Here at Glo Skin Beauty, we strive to focus on prevention as much as possible, but understand that for some, more than just prevention is necessary.
What Happens to the Skin as it Ages
Aging is associated with two main factors: internal and external. Internal factors such as genetic influence and the natural wear and slow down processes of hormones have an influence on the skin’s aging process- about 10-20 percent. Unfortunately, internal factors cannot be prevented, but by understanding how the skin is changing, it is possible to alter one’s regimen to encourage cells to act in a more youthful manner and help encourage the production of collagen, elastin and Hyaluronic Acid. As the body ages during and after menopause, estrogen, the hormone responsible for cell turnover, levels lower, leading to accelerated signs of aging. As skin’s normal functions slow down, skin becomes dry and thin, while losing elasticity- making it prone to fine lines and wrinkles.
The other main factor that contributes to skin’s signs of aging is external. External factors include how and where we live and account for roughly 80-90 percent of the skin’s aging symptoms. Things such as diet, sleeping habits, smoking, medications, skincare habits and sun exposure can dramatically accelerate signs of aging. Did you know, the sun is the most damaging external factor, with 80-90% of external aging caused by UV exposure. The sun’s rays are able to penetrate into the dermis and can permanently alter DNA, resulting in a break down of collagen and elastin, causing photoaging. With that being said, there is hope! External factors can be prevented! By leading a healthy lifestyle, incorporating sunscreen and a Vitamin C serum daily, and following even a basic skin care regimen, it is possible to slow the effects of external factors on the skin.
How to Firm Skin
Whether you’re just starting your skincare journey or in the midst of seeing your skin’s signs of aging, we have products developed with advanced technology to help prevent and possibly reverse signs of aging. Glo Skin Beauty’s Firm Skin Solution helps improve skin renewal and increase hydration levels to firm, condition and protect the skin with antioxidants, Retinol and peptides.
A great introduction to our Firm Skin Solution. This combination of cleansing and firming agents leaves skin looking smooth, soft and refreshed with improved radiance.
- Centella Stems GX™: a Plant Stem Cell that firms, smooths and tones
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5: stimulates collagen production
- Papain: enzymatic exfoliant derived from Papaya
A must-have for almost any skin type, this light, refreshing mist hydrates and nourishes the skin while preparing it to receive optimal benefits of serum and moisturizers.
- Papyrus Leaf Stem Cell: prevents water loss and reinforces skin’s barrier
- Dermatein® HyA Mini: deeply hydrates
- Cucumber and Coconut Water: balances, purifies and hydrates the skin
Achieve instant balance and radiance with our popular lightweight moisturizer that will support skin’s natural defense and limit environmental damage from pollution.
- Nopal Cactus Stem Cell: fights inflammation, treats wounds, protects cellular DNA
- BioRetinol: improves elasticity and tone
- Dermatein® HyA Mini: deeply hydrates
This heavyweight moisturizer firms and repairs, while delivering critical hydration to bring life back to dull, dry skin with visible signs of aging. Because of its ultra-rich formula, this cream is best used at night.
- Gladback™: inhibits expression genes involved in aging, preserves collagen and increases skin’s thickness while improving microcirculation
- Ergothioneine: antioxidant that helps skin use oxygen efficiently
- SYN®-TACKS: stimulates structural proteins
Advanced anti-aging ingredients infused in this luxurious cream help preserve a youthful radiance. By providing more than just hydration, this heavyweight moisturizer targets aging concerns, including hyperpigmentation, and leaves a smoother-looking complexion. Because of its ultra-rich formula, this cream is best used at night.
- Buddleja Davidii Stems G™: inhibits collagenase
- Derm SRC: increases production of collagen, elastin and Hyaluronic Acid
- Kombuchka™: redensifies the adipocyte cells
Smooths the appearance of wrinkles while helping strengthen and soften texture and tone. You’ll see immediate uplifting plus long-term reparative benefits.
- PhytoStem Gardenia: stimulates collagen production
- Instalift® Gogi: creates an immediate and visible lift
- SYN®-AKE: inhibits muscle contractions
This power-packed serum includes an incredible blend of actives to strengthen, tone and revitalize the complexion.
- Epidermal Growth Factor: skin healing benefits
- Argireline™: peptide that relaxes facial tension
- Matrixyl™ 3000: stimulates synthesis of skin components
The ultimate remedy for dry, dehydrated skin. Helps improve elasticity and the appearance of overall skin health. Apply a smooth, even layer after cleansing and toning, leave for 10 minutes then remove with a soft, damp cloth. For added hydration, allow to absorb overnight.
- Red Clover Extract: anti-inflammatory
- Black Currant Seed Oil: emollient and antioxidant
- Wild Yam Extract: antioxidant and brightener
Since the neck can show signs of aging sooner than the face, use Neck Firming Serum to promote a visibly lifted, firmer neck and décolleté while encouraging a more even tone
- Alpha Arbutin: brightener
- Tens’Up™: increases collagen synthesis
- Gladback™: inhibits expression genes involved in aging, preserves collagen and increases skin thickness while improves microcirculation
Finding makeup that doesn’t interfere with your skincare routine is essential to overall skin health. What’s the point of spending time and money working to reverse your signs of aging if your makeup accentuates fine lines and wrinkles? Glo Skin Beauty’s mineral makeup products were designed to work seamlessly with our skincare products to help give a youthful glow. Use Fill Perfecting Primer to soften the appearance of wrinkles and brighten with light-reflective pigments. Choose Luminous Liquid Foundation SPF 18 and Luminous Setting Powder to blur fine lines with diamond powder. Incorporate Liquid Bright Concealer as your primary color correction tool.