With the promise of warm weather and blue skies, there’s a lot to love about spring, but our favorite thing has to be spring makeup. From pastel colors and “no makeup” makeup to flushed cheeks and pink lips, we have fallen in love with this year’s trends. After layering up this winter, we want to dial the coverage back and play with soft neutrals for some simple, bare skin beauty.
This clean, fresh faced look is at the top of our list because it’s all about beautiful skin and light layers of color. The end result is this season’s go-to look for everyday wear. This look features new Tinted Primer SPF 30, a face primer with color, and shadows found exclusively in the Elemental Eye Collection, a neutral, eight shadow palette.
The trick to wearing less makeup and still feeling covered up is to start with a smooth, even skin tone and select a few key features to highlight. Keep your base simple with a sheer foundation or tinted primer or moisturizer, and dare to skip the added layers of concealer and finishing powder. This spring makeup look adds subtle emphasis to the eyes, cheeks and lips.
- Apply Tinted Primer SPF 30 all over the face using your fingers for a natural texture. Our model wears medium. Tinted Primer SPF 30 can be worn alone for an even complexion and sheer coverage, but if you want more coverage and all day staying power, layer your favorite foundation on top.
- Apply bubbly with the Eye Contour Brush, packing the color on the lid.
- Add breathless to the inner corner to open up the eyes and brow bone to highlight with the Eye Base Brush.
- Blend adobe through the crease using the Eye Blender Brush to add definition and depth. To deepen the color for a more intense look, add henna.
- Line the lower lashline with henna using the Crease Brush.
- Line the waterline with Precision Eye Pencil in peach to keep the look bright.
- Coat upper and lower lashes with Lash Lengthening Mascara in black. This mascara has a flexible applicator that separates and lengthens lashes.
- Apply Cream Blush in guava to the apples of the cheeks with the Blush Brush, using light feathering motions to delicately deposit color and blend as you go.
- Apply Cream Glaze Crayon in chiffon to lips for a beautiful, nude-pink lip. For a true nude, try Gloss in pueblo.
The document has moved here.